Jun 2, 2009

Tomato Extravaganza!


My husband is obsessed! Every year he grows more tomatoes than the last. This year, so far, he has planted 55 tomato plants. Now, there are only the two of us here, so obviously we won't be able to eat them all, so why do we need 55 tomato plants? I've been pondering this for awhile, and I've come up with a couple of theories. We've had an empty nest for over a year now, so maybe he's raising tomatoes because we no longer have our children here to raise? He has always been very involved in their lives, and is a wonderful, caring father. Sometimes I think it has been harder for him to get used to them being gone than it has for me. My other theory is that it is genetic, as my father in law grows even more tomatoes than my husband does. He even rents extra garden space for his tomatoes! Either way, I'll be cooking, canning, drying, and giving away lots of tomatoes again this year. Oh well, I guess I can't complain too much, as he could have a lot worse hobbies. If any of you are in the Central Ohio area, and would like to have some tomatoes, come see us in a couple of months... = )