Oct 14, 2009

Joshua Bell At Home With Friends






From the ONE2ONE network: "Grammy Award-winning violinist Joshua Bell has been in the spotlight since he was 14 years old. Fourteen! Now, 20 years and 30 original albums later, Joshua has the public’s attention like no other classical violinist of his time, captivating audiences worldwide. He’s a soloist, chamber musician, orchestra leader and he’s earned countless awards and honors for his work as a concert stage performer and recording artist, including “Classical Artist of the Year” and “Classical CD of the Year” by Billboard Magazine. He’s the first musician to have a classical music video played on VH1, and he’s appeared on Sesame Street. And you know he’s big if he’s been on Sesame Street."


I received a copy of the Joshua Bell CD At Home With Friends from the ONE2ONE network for review (Thanks!) I had no idea that there would be so many great singers and musicians on the CD, performing with Joshua Bell! Sting, Chris Botti, Josh Groban, Marvin Hamlisch, and Regina Spektor, just to name a few. I came home after work one afternoon, and found this CD waiting on my doorstep. I put it on the stereo while I started making dinner. I found the songs to be pleasant and relaxing. Joshua Bell's violin playing sounds so beautiful, he truly is a gifted musician. Some of my favorite tracks were Come Again, featuring Sting, My Funny Valentine, featuring Kristin Chenoweth, and Cinema Paradiso, featuring Josh Groban(I LOVE his voice!). I liked the CD so much that I listened to it again later that evening while I soaked in the tub. If you want to listen to some of the songs on At Home With Friends, check out Joshua Bell's site. Come back here and tell me what you think!