Jan 20, 2010

Review: A Victorian Christmas (Anthology)




A Victorian Christmas (Anthology)
by Catherine Palmer


From Tyndale Media Center:
A beautiful patchwork of four novellas about love and joy at Christmastime by best selling author Catherine Palmer. These four novellas were previously published in four anthologies—A Victorian Christmas Quilt, A Victorian Christmas Tea, A Victorian Christmas Cottage, and A Victorian Christmas Keepsake.
Return to a time when life was uncomplicated, faith was sincere … and love was a gift to be cherished forever.
Includes author’s favorite holiday recipes.


Better late than never, I guess. I've been meaning to post my review of this book for some time now, and even though the holidays are long gone, I'd still like to share with my readers, a book that made my Christmas even merrier.

I love Christmas stories, and I also love historical fiction, which makes this book perfect for me!
There are 4 stories: Angel in the Attic, Lone Star, Under His Wings, and Behold the Lamb. They are full of romance, hope, and faith. The female characters are inspiring, as they are strong independent women who know their own minds and hearts, and who don't waiver in their faith.

I enjoyed each of the stories very much, and I know I'll want to pick this book up again and again to inspire me and lighten my heart during holiday seasons to come. A Victorian Christmas (Anthology) would make a great Christmas gift for next year!

Preview this book at Google books.

Download the first chapter for free at Tyndale.com

You can buy A Victorian Christmas (Anthology) at Amazon, Christianbook.com, Barnes & Noble, and other booksellers.